2014年7月28日星期一

The relationship between my parents and me

My parents
I still clearly remember, 4 years ago when I was 16 years old, I fell in love with my classmate. He was so fascinating to me, a passionate basketball fan, because he was so talented at playing basketball. Due to the traditional Chinese concept, the relationships between young couples are too immature to be considered as ‘true   love’, they are  called ’puppy love.’ Instead, the majority of parents always think their children should fall in love after graduating from university. However, I believed my parents were open-minded enough to support our relationship during high school. Therefore, I decided to tell my parents after I had dated that guy for one month. Without surprise, my mother reacted calmly, and she said, ‘I will not prohibit you from dating a guy, but I do care about your study. Just be cautious that you have prepared the Entrance College Examination which is approaching soon. It is a serious period in your life .’ 
 ‘I won’t let it happen. I won’t lay back.” I replied firmly. 
Afterward, daddy joked around while he said, ‘Congratulations to our princess who finds her true love finally. I was worried if you are feminine enough to attract boys.’ Nevertheless, I was upset after telling my parents about my relationship. I could barely tell my parents about the fact that I had wasted so many weekends watching him play basketball. Moreover, we hung out so often that I lost my attention to study for the coming exam. I spent a lot of time with him. A call from my head teacher ended my innocent love relationship, when he reported to my moter that my grades had decreased a lot.
At night, we held a family meeting. My mother was very angry and worried, as she shouted, ‘You have promised us that you would not let relationship affect your study, right? But, guess what? You broke your promise. I cannot believe you anymore.’  My father interrupted with a calm voice, as he closed his eyes and sighed. Then, he said, ‘You should think about what you really want to do? What is your dream? You should not ever let a relationship interupt your future and career. You have to know, the Entrance College Examination is very important to you. I will respect any decision you make, but you should think before you do anything. Your mother and I will give you a chance to make your own decision. You should  be the person who makes the decision for your own life.’ I kept silent and walked bact to my own room. I  could not fell asleep during the whole night. My parents’ words kept echoing in my mind. In the end, I decided to break up with the guy on the next day.
My family



没有评论:

发表评论